Sunday 17 January 2016

Why Travel Makes You A Better Person

Does Travel Change You?

 

 




My parents think I am crazy for wanting to just leave everything and travel the world. It is just not something they can comprehend. As I wrote about in my first post, I just have this incredible wanderlust. They don't understand. They think I am irresponsible. I cannot explain it. It is just something I need to do.

There are few things in life that will impact you as much as traveling will. Something happens to us when we board a plane in one country and land in another—it’s almost as if our eyes open again for the first time.






1. You learn a lot about life. Real growth happens when you get the hell out of your comfort zone. There are so many things to learn

  2. You are never alone. You can make friends anywhere. Be the first to smile. Make an effort to join in their celebrations or simply ask them questions about their lives. This is all it takes

  3. You meet unforgettable people. When I solo backpacked through Europe for a summer I met people that I am still in touch with today. The memories that were made still make me laugh and smile.

  4. You learn to enjoy transient relationships You kind of realize that these friendships that you make may be short lived and that is okay. It forces you to make the most of each damn moment. Soak it all in.

5. You have to try new things. Whether you are staring at a menu realizing you have no idea what the items are, or jumping on a bus that you hope will get you somewhere familiar, travel is exciting. You have to do new things. It is all about getting yourself into situations and turning them into amazing experiences.


As someone who lives a minimalist lifestyle I have come to realize that life should be more about experiences and not stuff. Jesus we spend so much money on junk that clutters up our places. My backpacking adventure in Europe saw me with one tiny pack and just a few items. It was a great way to travel. I realized that I just did not need as much stuff at all. I want to experiences people and culture and nature. I want to try new things and just have some adventures.


Does anyone out there feel the same way?? Please comment and let me know.


See those share buttons down below. Please use them. Sharing is caring.



"Quit your job and travel"


No comments:

Post a Comment